If you're struggling with studying, organization, test taking, or with classes in general, here are some helpful tips and resources. If you don't find exactly what you're looking for, please contact the school counselor for more information and help.
Learning how to motivate yourself, being organized, and knowing how to learn and study based on your personality are all key elements to being successful in school. Please feel free to use the guides and links below to help you in your educational journey.
Helping your teen get organized doesn't have to cost a lot of money. There are simple organization solutions and tools that can help keep schookwork and belongings organized. Here are a few to consider.
- Recognize "wants" vs. "needs:" Sort out and prioritize what she wants to vs. what she needs to do.
- Take one out, put one in: Keep messes from becoming overwhelming.
- Categorize, label and sort: Keep things neat and orderly.
- Picture the day: Know the order or events in the day. (Planners are in the Guidance office.)
- Make daily checklists: Keep track of what needs to be done.
- Keep a family calendar: Plan for the future.
- Break big projects into smaller steps: Make big projects easier to manage.
Many students have mastered the art of turning in homework and classwork, but doing well on tests is still a challenge. A poor test score can pull a student's grade down dramatically.
Please click here for more test taking/test anxiety tips.
2018-2019 TUTORING SCHEDULE
Tutoring is held from 3:15 - 5:00 on the following dates
(all dates are subject to change/cancellation):
October - 23rd, 25th, 30th
November - 1st, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, 29th
December - 4th, 11th, 13th, 18th
January - 8th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd, 2th, 29th, 31st
February - 5th, 7th, 12th, 19th, 26th, 28th
March - 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th
April - 2nd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
May - 2nd, 7th, 9th, 14th, 21st
*Permission slips will be available in the Main Office.
*Transportation will be available for students attending after school help. Permission slips must be on file at least one day prior to the students first day.
*After School Tutoring Program forms (including the Student Tutor Job Application) will be in the Main Office & Guidance Office.